We know how gardening can be a little bit frustrating especially when you know you need to deal with different problems and issues including pests.
Before, the most effective way that people think about getting rid of the pests they have in their lawn is through using pesticides. However, it is a no-brainer that pesticides contain chemicals that can harm your plants and soil in the long run and even other animals that are not a threat to your gardens like pollinators, butterflies, and bees.
Gilbert landscaping can be a little bit frustrating give all these reasons. However, the new concept which is the Integrated pest management is not becoming popular for landscaping and gardening. Integrated pest management is a modern method of growing plants while keeping away the bugs and other critters that hinder the plants’ growth. This method is modern as well as sustainable and safer compared to using pesticides.
1. Ingredients from your kitchen – there are many kitchen ingredients you can use for eliminating pests and bugs. You can use onion, garlic, and hot pepper. These ingredients are effective in shooing away hornworms, caterpillars, beetles, and aphids. All you need to do is to mix together six cloves f garlic, minced onion, and dried hot pepper and put them into a gallon of hot water. You can also add some TSP soap. Let it rest for 24 hours before using a spray.
2. Use some plants that are good at shooing insects and pests – there are many plants that repel different critters. If used properly, these plants and herbs can be used to effectively protect all parts of your landscape or garden. Some of these herbs include:
- Lavender – repels ticks
- Rosemary – deters bean beetles, cabbage moths, and mosquitos
- Marigolds – deters bean beetles, asparagus beetles, and nematodes
- Basil – repels flies and mosquitoes
- Rue – shoos away Japanese beetles and flies
If you want to know more about this method, it is advised that you call an arborist or professional help from companies and/or experts.
3.Common methods to prevent slug – Slugs are slow and soft, but they create huge damage to your garden or landscape. They really like on feeding on plants and leaves especially those that are on the phase of blooming. The following are the things you can do to deter slugs:
- Do not put too much mulch on your plants
- Rake your garden in the early spring to remove the eggs
- Make a slug barrier by using copper tape and strips.
4. Methods on how to get rid of bigger pests – there are also bugger animals that can attack your plants and landscape such as rabbits, deer, and other four-legged animals. One of the most effective ways to keep them away is to put a fence on your landscape or garden.
If you really want to get rid of the pests and other critters as well as larger animals in your garden without doing all of those, you can hire a professional service to do all the necessary jobs and diagnosis of your garden. They have the skills, experience, and tools.